Atlanpole Biotherapies is an interregional cluster, including Pays de la Loire – Bretagne – Centre Val de Loire region, which was recognized and certified by the Ministry of Industry (July 2005).
Atlanpole Biotherapies co-ordinates the work of laboratories, companies and platforms for a public-private complete, relevant and competitive solution, on the bio-medicine value chain from target discovery to clinical evaluation.
Atlanpole Biotherapies is also an association that relies on teams of several organizations in the West of France, which are spread over the three regions covered by the cluster’s area:
Pays de la Loire
- Atlanpole: Nantes Atlantique economic basin technology park and regional incubator, Atlanpole contributed to the emergence of the health sector with notably, in 2003, the organization of the European Biotech Crossroads in Nantes and in 2005 the filing of the application in order to be certified “competitive cluster”. Atlanpole offers a team of 5 FTE (Full Time Equivalent) dedicated to the cluster, in the fields of promotion actions, collaborative projects, international development and administrative assistance.
- Angers Technopole: a multi-specialized technology park, its mission is to support and develop innovation in all its forms in order to contribute to the economic development of its territory. Angers Technopole has over 160 members, mainly innovative companies and research laboratories based in Anjou and provides the pole with 1 FTE for coordination and setting up of collaborative projects.
- ID2 Health: technology innovation center focused on the human health theme, ID2Santé aims to support the development of health innovations in Brittany. ID2Santé’s mission is to connect healthcare professionals, i.e. companies, laboratories, clinicians, to support projects and promote the Breton health expertise. It provides the cluster with 1 FTE for coordination and setting up of collaborative projects.
Centre-Val de Loire
- Polepharma: a cluster which extends itself to four regions (Center, Upper & Lower Normandy, Ile-de-France) and functions as a bridge between the cluster and the Centre-Val de Loire region, with 1 dedicated FTE. Polepharma brings together the leading European pharmaceutical production base, with 53% of the production of medicines in France and nearly 30 000 jobs. It has more than 150 direct members and 250 part-stakeholder businesses or organizations.
Atlanpole Biotherapies and projects of its members (companies and laboratories) are funded by:
- For R & D projects: French National Research Agency (ANR), State, Regions, BPI France, Europe (Feder-European Fund for Regional Development)
- For the cluster’s operation: State, Pays de la Loire Region, Brittany Region, Centre-Val de Loire Region, Nantes Métropole, Loire Atlantique General Council, Carene, Urban Community of La Roche sur Yon, Nantes-Saint Nazaire Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI), Nantes University Hospital, Nantes University, CAP Atlantic and Europe (Interreg and H2020), and the staff made available in liaison organizations (Atlanpole, Angers Technopole, ID2Santé, Polepharma)
- Contribution the companies make in their own time
- Annual membership fee for companies and laboratories
- Services to SMEs which will need to be paid for