06 07 October
9:00 - 13:00 Online
Atlantic KET Med: Using Key Enabling Technologies to Drive Innovation within Medtech SMEs
Digital Event | Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th October
The Atlantic KET Med Project is bringing new, high tech, pilot production capacity to the EU Atlantic Area in support of SMEs and start-ups leveraging the Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) to produce next generation medical devices.
The Project is being delivered by seven international partners and the event on 6th and 7th October 2021 will present key findings and company perspectives relevant to both the Atlantic Area and the entire Med Tech sector.
The Agenda, spanning two half-days, will address the topics of Smart Specialisation, Scalable Innovation, Education and Training Needs within the Med Tech sector, Project Case Studies, and an overview of the Atlantic KET Med pilot manufacturing ecosystem – a model for transnational pilot production development. The novel technique of Value Chain Analysis will be presented, and the Project’s unique, templated GMP system will be introduced within the context of pilot manufacturing.
Agenda – 6th October
- Conference Welcome |Gerard O’Connor, NUI Galway
- Keynote Address – Regional Innovation: Smart Specialisation Strategy Europe
- 09:45 |Understanding Innovation & the Technical Value Chains for SMEs |Session Chair: Paula Galvão, Chief Officer – Business and Strategic Relations, International Iberian Nanotechnology
- 11:15 | Virtual Coffee, Networking & Pre-booked Partnering meetings
- Insight to the Future Skill Requirements in the MedTech Sector | Session Chair: Gerard O’Connor, NUI Galway
- Virtual Lunch, Networking and Pre-booked Partnering Meetings
Agenda – 7th October
- Welcome – Sébastien Vergnole, Senior Business Developer, ALPhANOV
- Keynote address – The Leverage effect of Key Enabling Technologies | Speaker to be confirmed
- SME Case Studies and Panel discussion | Session Chair: Jessica Walker, European Project Manager, Atlanpôle
- Virtual Coffee, Networking & Pre-booked Partnering meetings
- Reflection on Interregional Pilot Manufacturing | Session Chair: Sébastien Vergnole, Senior Business Developer, ALPhANOV
- Conference Close