European inter-clustering with Atlanpole Biotherapies
CEBR is a membership-driven network of lifescience clusters across Europe, with approximately 40 subscription members and hundreds of cluster partners across the world. Together, we represent and support thousands of SMEs and hundreds of universities and research centres.
CEBR’s objectives include:
- Improve support for cluster planning and management through sharing good practice and joint initiatives between regions
- Reduce fragmentation of companies and regions in Europe
- Transform competitiveness into cooperation between regions and clusters
- Create a full moon calendar for cluster-driven initiatives
- Create a profile for European clusters on the world stage
CEBR activities include:
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) on issues concerning all aspects of cluster development
- Global Cluster Hub – bringing together clusters from across the world on key development topics, e.g. investment and internationalisation
- Specialist SME directories – Medical Device SME directory and hot list to showcase fast growing SMEs
- Cluster project development – clusters working together in funded international projects
The project CE4BIG – Cluster Excellence for Business Innovation and Growth in the Health Sector, was selected to receive funding under the EU COSME “European Cluster Excellence” initiative, which aims to foster cluster collaboration on a European-wide scale. The ultimate objective is to strengthen both, clusters and SMEs, to jointly master global competition and work on the answers to the challenges of personalized medicine.
CE4BIG federates 4 European healthcare clusters, with similar regional smart specialization strategies supporting the development of advanced therapies for personalized medicine. The consortium consists of the project leader, Atlanpole Biotherapies from France, BioM from Germany, BioWin from Belgium and Life Science Krakow from Poland.
The project intends to promote business growth and raise the innovation capacity of SMEs. Professional cluster services will be optimized through targeted activities including the ClusterXchange scheme, which enables and fosters cross-border collaboration between innovation stakeholders (businesses, CROs, research units, etc.) in the innovation ecosystems of the project partners. The exchanges aim at helping SMEs within the partnership, design and fine-tune their business models, develop new partnerships, seize new business opportunities abroad and secure funding for business and innovation to reach proof of technology and grow beyond. The exchanges also enhance the innovation process by providing professional and sector-specific support to bio-entrepreneurs and start-ups.
The project will also benefit cluster management and strategic skills through customized training and transnational cluster-to-cluster missions. This will enable the consortium to exchange expertise in topics of common interest for SMEs and to stimulate the dialogue between SME managers and business/innovation support stakeholders. The objectives also include taking the roadmaps of the involved clusters to the next excellence level, and creating a joint roadmap to future-proof the CE4BIG network. To achieve this, partners will engage in sectoral comparative analyses and pinpoint synergies, common challenges and areas of opportunities. As a result, the consortium will design a joint strategic plan to ensure the sustainability of the partnership.
CE4BIG is hoping to impact the European innovation landscape in several ways:
- 4 clusters will be awarded the Cluster Management Excellence labels (bronze, silver and gold) by the European Cluster Excellence Initiative (ECEI);
- 8 cluster managers will get highly profiled training to optimize their management skills;
- 4 transnational C2C missions will be organized to foster peer-learning and cluster collaboration;
- 52 organisations will participate in exchanges organized via the ClusterXchange scheme;
- 4 individual cluster management organizations will take their strategic plans to the next level, delivering optimal and demand-driven services, and promoting cutting-edge developments in personalized medicine;
- 1 European partnership will be designed and implemented in form of a coordinated action, focused on innovations in personalized medicine.
The European Boost4Health project was set up by Atlanpole Biotherapies in the Pays de la Loire and Centre Val de Loire regions in 2016.
This programme for SMEs provides access to services and a network of experts and partners in a number of European countries and regions (Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Belgium and Spain). Several dozen of the cluster’s companies have benefited from this international support as well as a voucher system.
Boost4Health provides practical and financial support to small and medium-sized enterprises who wish to explore their international growth potential. The support can take several forms:
- Financial support
- International experts
Atlantic Ket Med
Atlanpole Biotherapies cluster is a partner of the ATLANTIC KET MED European project, wich is run by Galway University of Irland and financed by the Northern-West Europe Interreg program.
Atlantic KET Med (AKM) is bringing new, high tech, pilot production capacity to the EU Atlantic Area in support of SMEs and Start-ups using the Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) to produce Next Generation medical devices.
AKM offers direct support to companies to enhance their: Innovation management, Value Chain Analysis, Tech specific education, research access, and much more.
AKM will be working for greater integration of KETs into Atlantic Area Education, Production, and Innovation.
A QUESTION? CONTACT US!
Europe project coordinator
+33 (0)2 40 25 27 30