The cluster’s success
The cluster’s laboratories in fundamental and clinical research in immunotherapy and the companies are excelling in this field. Being french birthplace of immunotherapy, the cluster is recognised in 2 essential domains : transplantation and tumor immunology.
Today the pool of skills in immunotherapy is now significant and is also nationally and internationally recognized. Thus, combined with the substantial results in recent years in terms of research and economic development, the area attracts the pharmaceutical industries and investors in favor of employment. In 2016, 18 million euros were raised by four companies within the cluster. Another company, called OSE Immunotherapeutics, has been listed on the stock market. These events are strong indication of the growth in the health industry in the French western Region.
A few figures about the Cluster:
135 members including:
- 79 biotech / health companies, which are ABT cluster’s members,
including 64 in our area, i.e. 48 companies in the Pays de la Loire Region, 3 in the Centre Region, 13 in the Brittany Region for a total of about 2000 jobs,
and the remainder at the national level
- 56 academic laboratories.
- € 18 million were raised in 2016 by Horama, Xenothera, Inflectis BioScience and Cytune companies (thanks to the support of Atlanpole),
- Ose Immunotherapeutics was listed on the stock exchange after Vivalis in 2007 (which became Valneva in 2014) and Eurofins in 1997,
- Affilogic signed two collaborative agreements with the industrial groups Takeda and Sanofi,
- Hemarina confirmed the driving of multi-center clinical trials for renal transplants.