150 people were in attendance at the cluster’s “assessment and goals” day:
- 12 new members pitched: Hera-Mi, Biologbook, Bee Healthcare, ARS Pays de la Loire, AMCL, ALDEV, Kiplin, Naogen Pharma, Pherecydes Pharma, Profile HIT, Synsight and Therenva.
- The cluster’s new roadmap, partnerships in the fields of digital technology, clinical nutrition & microbiota and radiopharmacy, as well as establishment of the network with 6 other French competitiveness clusters in the field of health, were presented.
- As regards concrete results : Since its creation in 2005, Atlanpole Biotherapies has approved more than 75 collaborative innovation projects with a total value of € 700M: An in-depth look at the concrete results of one of these projects, PREMIUM ADCC, supported, among others, by Clean Cells, a company that is a member of the cluster, and for which the organisation was undertaken by Atlanpole Biotherapies
The outlook as far as 2022 with partners from Phase IV of competitiveness clusters was talked about during a panel discussion bringing together Franck Grimaud, President of Atlanpole Biotherapies, Gérard Le Bihan, Director of Images & Réseaux, Jean-Luc Perrot, Director of Valorial, Anne-Charlotte Pupin, Director of the Nutrition Santé Longévité cluster and Emmanuel Lebouder, Project Director for Eurobiomed
A number of macro-economic illustrations were presented to bring the day to an end:
- The Panorama France HealthTech 2018: trends within the sector and an overview of developments since 2008 by Maryvonne Hiance, Chairman of France Biotech and Vice-President of Atlanpole Biotherapies, who explained that “The panorama from France Biotech reveals the following findings: 1,000 products developed by all French biotech companies and 283 developed by the 5 French pharmaceutical industries. 20% are produced in Western France”.
- Funding in France and internationally by Willy Rocher (partner at EY Nantes)
- Funding from stock markets by Frédéric Boiffin (Head of the West Region, Euronext)
- Presentation of the France Biotech Technology Transfer survey by Franck Mouthon (Vice Chairman, France Biotech)